Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My New Beauty

Check 'er out!
And guess who the mechanic was that built her up...ME! Like Chepe said to Lyle after I told him I built it up myself "...uh...you better check that out cabron...maybe she go riding and 'kapow!'(with lots of arm gestures)..." Well, I'm happy to announce there was only one slight handle bar twistage on my maiden voyage. All the other bolts held quite nicely!

I'm lovin' the 29er so far. The main thing I noticed is that everything seems to roll under it really smoothly. I heard that tight switchbacks would be more difficult on a 29er because of the wider wheelbase, which I did notice would be true IF you suck at switchbacks. Basically I learned it's not the bike, it's the rider. And I am quite happy with the rider in this particular instance!

I can't wait to spend more time on this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment