Monday, April 28, 2008

Race Update


Well, guess what...I didn't take last place at Sea Otter! In fact, I beat not one, but 2, count 'em, two girls. That's all I was hoping for at Sea Otter, so I'm happy! Next time maybe I'll beat three...

In other news, I just did my first road race this weekend (Devil's Punchbowl). I found out that I am NOT a road racer. I'll stick to mountain bikes, thank you very much. Unlike mtb racing where you just ride as fast as you can for the length of the race, in road racing you actually have to THINK and plan and other stuff like that, like when to go hard, not getting dropped, and numerous other things I'm not even aware of.

By the way, if anyone can recommend a cheap coach or training plan out there, let me know. My budget is only about $50/mo so I'm not sure what I'll be able to find. But it's about time I had some advice on how to train!

5 comments:

  1. Good job with your finish at Sea Otter. As for advice on how to train, couldn't you ask Lyle? Or is his training regiment so secret that he tells no one, lol. I actually tried to look for a coach but I opted out and decided to get Joe Friel's training bible. You should at least come out and ride either Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday mornings with us. Us as in Alex and myself or Johnny B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm down to ride this Thurs morning if you're going out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright then, I'm going to try to do 2 laps of brown so I'm going to try to get there at 6:30 at the parking lot, if that is too early, you can ride with me on the second lap, approx. 7:30. You can meet me at the base of Brown Mtn. Ask if Lyle wants to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see you 6:30 at the parking lot. It's probably too early for Lyle but I'll tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright cool, then I'll see you then

    ReplyDelete