Friday, May 2, 2008

Lyle's Hair


I think it's about time that I officially comment on Lyle's hair. I get numerous questions about how I feel about his current style as his wife and if I can't wait until he cuts it. (Like that even matters.)

Admittedly, the first time he ever grew the horseshoe mustache several years ago, I was embarrassed. But with the mullet and mustache, I've had a complete change of heart. Just think about it this way: chances are, you have a clean-cut, average hairstyle, or know of plenty of people who do. Now, how often do you get stopped in the street by a stranger who just HAS to tell you "I like your style, man"; or how often do you get invited for free margaritas and beers by a stranger (probably because having someone so cool looking at a party would up the status of it); and how often do you find out that two models were arguing about how hot your hair was after you left. I'm pretty sure probably none of that has happened to you. Don't you think that makes life a little more fun and a little more interesting?

Lately, with the summer heat moving in Lyle has been considering doing a "Pedro" move and giving it the chop. But, considering the above reasons, instead of looking forward to the day when I will have a normal looking, hansom husband again, I tell him not to do it. I'd rather have a awesomely radical looking husband with redneck hair who is liable at any moment to go blow something up just for the fun of it, or possibly go pick a fight with Chuck Norris just to show him who's boss. Wouldn't you?

So, his boldness on style piqued my curiousity and I decided to try it out with this hat (not like it comes close to the amazingness of his style).And guess what--it paid off! Just after this picture was taken, we were walking to our car in Old Town (Pasadena) when a valet parking attendant asked me where I was from. So, I was obviously standing out from the crowd or he wouldn't have even noticed. I told him I was from LA and he said he thought we must be tourists and that the hat was a dead give-away. Great Success! Maybe I should hire Lyle as my fashion adviser.

By the way, props to Team Bearclaw for knowing the definition of STYLE.

If any of this is of interest to you, vote in the poll to the right side of the page.

9 comments:

  1. That last pic of you and Lyle in the cowboy hat is quite possibly the most awkward looking pic ever ;)

    Nice work at Sea Otter!

    Aaaanddd, nice blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Thanks Babe!
    2. I forgot how rad Jason's moustache was.
    3. Great Success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Seriously though, don't f*ck with Chuck.
    He might not realize you're kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! About the coaching - i see Lyle has a link to cycling peaks and he has downloadable data. If you have an HR monitor etc that you can download, you can probably get online coaching through trainingpeaks.com for around $50. My brother works for them, and i can ask him what the options are. he uses his power meter and online coaching.

    Sorry you missed Idyllwild! it was a great day of training!

    PS: i have nothing to day about a fu-man-chu and mullet. I have a fo-hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyle's hair is fabulous and so is your hat! I think I compliment him on it almost every time I see you guys. Most people cannot pull of a stace/mullet duet, but he does it with grace. Keep it rad you Warners and congrats on your NMBS standing Brooke! What's your next race?
    _emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Emma, I think the best part is that in the pic of us sitting down you can totally see the tan lines from my gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry all for not updating or even checking for a while. Thanks for the comments. Joy, unfortunately I don't have a working HR monitor yet. But, I just got a pro road cyclist to start giving me coaching advice for free, so, not bad! We'll see how it works out--he's old school...doesn't use HR or power.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, will we see you in Utah in a few weeks? We missed you at Santa Ynez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Utah for me unfortunately :(. I'm working an event called Ales and Trails in Marin to please the sponsors that weekend. Beer+Bikes= Rad! I'm trying to make my way to the East Coast for some races if I can scrape together some pennies though. My training sort of slipped through the cracks so I could finish school, but I feel motivated again to race. Hope to see you sometime soon though!

    ReplyDelete