Sunday, March 16, 2008

Keysville Classic

Holy crap that was tough! I raced up near Lake Isabella this weekend. My second expert race. Once again, last place (5th out of 5) but once again I'm fine with that and really proud of my effort. I finished only 40 seconds from 4th place. Even though I could see her ahead of me in the distance for almost the whole race, I just had nothing extra in my legs to put out to catch her. The experts are so fast and the race distances are so much more than I'm used to. My time today was 3:01. That's a long time to be racing for!!! But somehow all that suffering just makes me so happy after it's done. Yay, racing is so fun. Not to mention, the scenery around the Kern River is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Honey!!!!
    That was a tough course and you raced for a long time (20 longer than me, I call that a harder race). Plus you rode fast! approximately 27 miles in 3 hrs? Jammin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete