Friday, November 2, 2007

My Monthly Update (heh, heh, I know it should be Daily)

Sorry to have left everyone hanging about the "new girl in town", but unfortunately she was gone almost as soon as she got here. Luckily I have her bike as collateral. I'll let you guys know (Alex, JMcK) when she gets back on the condition that you guys jump right on it/her (ha ha). Oh, check out the previous blog-I was able to add a picture of her. Because blogs are meant to be a completely honest, truthful, and fully complete account of life right?

In cycling news, I went for my first "worthy" ride yesterday in a long time. I've been working a lot and kinda let my post-race-season break turn into a mega slack fest. So finally I did a ride longer than 1 1/2 hrs of "easy and fun". Not that I rode hard, which I definitely didn't, but at least it was for 5 hours. I headed up to the top of GMR from my house, and back.I had to ignore the "forest closed" signs due to the fire danger, but I knew that in the current condition I'm in, I wouldn't be able to pedal fast enough to generate sparks flying off the back of my wheels and light a new forest fire. Although that would've been pretty cool. (Not the fire.)

So today, my knees are creaking like they have arthritis. I probably should've eased into the longer rides instead of shocking my legs. Oh, well, they'll get over it. And they better get used to it!

On another note, pretty soon I'll have the complete women's kit for the Subie Fisher team! For those of you who don't know, it's pink, yellow, brown, and awesome. I got the jersey from Jon a few months ago, and now he will be mailing me the shorts. (By the way, this kit is completely exclusive since they didn't make any for sale, only a few were made for the 3 or 4 team pros. I really hope I don't look like a poser!)

Heather sure knows how to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment