Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Bakersfield Race

Well, now that Lyle mentioned my blog on his, I'd better update. The racing in Bakersfield this weekend was really fun! I got to hang out with pretty much the whole Team Bearclaw.
(I know, I know, ladies, you're jealous, but try to keep your fainting to a minimum.)

(This one's my favorite Bearclaw:)

Watching the pro women's race was awesome! Carolyn Popovic made winning by minutes look so easy! She put on quite an impressive show in the last two laps, pulling ahead of Coryn in the beginning of the 2nd to last lap and steadily increasing the gap until she was 1-2 minutes ahead as she crossed the finish line. Wow! (By the way, for any of you who don't know it, Carolyn is the nicest racer on the circuit.)

The Elite men's race was pretty fun to watch too. I got the dollars flowing out to the racers at Sunday's race.I can't think of a better way to spend a few bucks. Us spectators should do that more often in our local races!

In my race I got 3rd. It was fun! The girls ahead of me easily dropped me but I was able to hold off the girl behind who was hot on my heels for the whole race.

I officially started a daily bicycle commute to work last week. Luckily the weather has been strangely hot so riding at 6:30 in the morning and again at 6:30 at night has been so far, bearable. Hopefully I will have the discipline to keep it up since it will be my only form of winter training. And I'm definitely late in starting that up. It's 2 hours each way so maybe that'll be enough to get me up into the Expert category for the mountain bike season next summer. :)

2 comments:

  1. Way to bring home the sweet prizes! Thanks for taking all the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete