Saturday, July 14, 2007

Vermont

Well, we're here in VT, and holy crap, the riding is intense! It is so lush from all the rainfall, that there are so many roots which are fully exposed on the trails. It's some of the most technical riding I've seen. At least I have a week here to get used to it before racing on it.

I'm seeing tons of wildlife which I never see in CA. For one, there was a groundhog that popped up two feet in front of me on the trail as I was riding. I know of their exsistence, but had never seen proof before coming out here.


Also, I'd never seen fireflys before this trip. Pretty cool. Today there was a fully polka-dotted fawn with it's mom. And some kind of tiny brown snake with an orange belly and a little yellow diamond on the nape of it's neck. (If you can help identify that snake, post a comment.)

2 comments:

  1. I believe that is the non-venomous "Trozerous Dwellicus", more commonly known as the "Trauzere Snake"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, sure. You wish. Actually I think it was a baby "ringneck snake"

    ReplyDelete