Sunday, May 20, 2007

Castaic

Let's see, what to say about this. Lisa beat me by only 8 1/2 min, not 10, so that's good! And if you look at the expert times she actually would've won the expert catagory, so I don't feel so bad about loosing to her. I ended up with 2nd and am cool with that. I was told that I was looking pretty good out there--like I was actually having fun! I guess I didn't put myself through a complete suffer fest and paced myself pretty well the whole race.
Here's me looking retarded on the podium (I just had my hands in the air).

In the last downhill singletrack I was riding really smooth and fast and put up a good lead for a few guys racing behind me. One of them was pretty impressed and shouted to me that he wanted me to meet his son. Sorry, I'm taken! All the guy cyclists I know want to meet some cool mountain biker chick to date but the thing they're missing is that the cool mountain biker chick is usually created by the boyfriend/husband. The way to do it is just find a cool adventurous chick and then introduce them to mountain biking. I'm pretty sure that's how almost every chick you see at these races got into it in the first place.


It was pretty dusty as usual.

Lyle had some pretty fierce competition:

Manny (the little guy in the Sho-Air kit) would've placed 2nd in the pro field with the time he put out. I guess that makes one more who should be seriously thinking about upgrading today!

I had 3 people to feed today with a total of 8 feeds. It was pretty stressful trying to make sure not to miss a feed. Imagine how brutal it would be on a blisteringly hot lap at Castaic with no water.

1 comment:

  1. You look like you are doing some kind of new "podium dance"

    ReplyDelete