Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Naked Crit

I'd heard about the "Naked Crit" from Lyle before but it's hard to really believe it until you see it. Well, I witnessed it and can vouch for the fact that people actually get naked and race thier bikes that way. They don't even seem to mind that they have an uncomfortable bike seat up their crotch. Who knows, maybe it's more comfortable that way. I didn't test the method out so I really can't say.

I had to moderate and edit the pictures so as not to embarrass/incriminate too many people. However, there was a pretty good turn out. Maybe about 15 entrants.


Most of the girls there were from the Velo Bella team. Thier team manager was there and told me I should come to the dark side. Hmmm...

It was an after-dark, unofficial, unabashed race around a gravel parking lot. And I can only assume there was confidence-boosting assistance in the way of alchohol. But there was prize money! Maybe that's the way to go. We don't have crap in the way of prize money in CA races. (Meaning exactly zero.) So I guess there's definitely something to be said for bootleg races. I don't know exactly how much but it looks like quite a wad in the "referee's" hand.
The "Wieeener":

If anyone objects to their picture being posted, let me know and I'll delete it. But it's hard to believe anyone would care since they all specifically opted to strip down and ride around in front of a crowd of at least 100 people, with lots of cameras flashing and car headlights blazing.

1 comment:

  1. With blog entries like this I think Lyle will be playing catch up!

    ReplyDelete